Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

The customer service phone call impasse



********************************************************************

Proudly supported by:

 
Bow Bow Plumbing.

 .....A COMPANY YOU CAN TRUST

 .... A COMPANY YOU CAN CALL ON.



********************************************************************


I would imagine that most people have faced a similar challenge as I had yet again yesterday afternoon talking with a call center operator in far east Asia who was sticking to their company’s policies asking me to confirm all my personal account details.

I’ve had this challenge before when companies call me.
Here’s how it usually plays out.

I answer the phone and they say “Hello, is that Mr Robinson”.
I always ask them who is is asking.
Yesterday, the lady said she was from Optus Customer Service then she asks me to confirm my ID.  
Now I understand that have to be certain that they are speaking with the account holder.  That is their policy and I understand that.
Normally I’d speak with my accounts broker.
One of the reasons is that when call centers call me, I don’t give out those details because I can’t verify that they are  who they say they are.  That is MY policy.
They could be anyone calling me and asking for my date of birth, full name and billing address, am I likely to tell give those details out?

Turn It up
I’m Michael Robinson
***********************************************************


***********************************************************

Proudly supported by:

 
Bow Bow Plumbing.

 .....A COMPANY YOU CAN TRUST

 .... A COMPANY YOU CAN CALL ON.


I want to thank the team from Bow Bow Plumbing.
Commercial plumbing maintenance, based in (not limited to) the Sydney area.

I've known them for a long time and always been impressed by them. 

Bow Bow Plumbing brings a work ethic to the job that we need
more of in the business world.

If you have need for a commercial plumber, check him out.



No comments:

Post a Comment