Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Oprah: This Aussie asks you to stick to entertainment, not religion.

Oprah. This Aussie asks you to stick to entertainment, not religion, please.


Oprah has come to Australia but I have confession I'm not a fan.

Its not the over the top characterisation of an excitable and opinionated celebrity talk show host that she has made her own that I'm not keen about.
It is the religious cult leader role that she's made out to be.

Sure she'll have lots of people tuning in to see what she says and who is on her show and I'll admit she has worked up quite a production team and together they produce quite a show.
It is good entertainment and I don't have anything against that, nor do I have anything against her enjoying the same freedom of religion and freedom of speech that we all enjoy.
So what's my problem with Oprah?

I'm more interested in what her guests have to say than her religious views and comments and sermonising and speculation on things like what universal power unites or how this universal energy unites us all.

I'm not interested in what Mr E, Eckhart Tolle's religious teachings are about the niceness of the universal energy. I've make my own religious choice thank you and well look maybe it is trivial but taking religious advice from a guy like an “E-Toll” with lots of promises of a faster way to get where we want to go … yeh Turn It Up

***********************************************************
Links for similar and related story

















Who is Eckardt Tolle (whatever the correct spelling is who knows???) I've found a few online variations

***********************************************************


Proudly supported by:

I want to thank the team from Bow Bow Plumbing.
Commercial plumbing maintenance, based in (not limited to) the Sydney area.

I've known them for a long time and always been impressed by them. 

Bow Bow Plumbing brings a work ethic to the job that we need
more of in the business world.

If you have need for a commercial plumber, check him out.



***********************************************************

Where to Listen:
Turn It UP Mike Segment can be heard 
on Radio 2SM and stations on the Super Network
Monday to Friday with Grant Goldman.
http://www.2sm.com.au
click on Grant Goldman and Listen Live online

How to Contact
To sponsor this segment on the 2SM
Super Radio Network and
online email me at
***********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment